When it comes to Moon Mask, it’s made from the most luxurious 100% pure and natural mulberry silk and if there is one thing we know for sure it’s that Moon Mask sleep mask has your back when it comes to the best night’s sleep ever!
There are ways in which you can maximise the quality, durability and lifetime of your Moon Mask by knowing how you can have it’s back too!
Due to the delicate nature of this handmade product, the better you care for your Moon Mask, the better it will care for you!
So how do you best wash and care for your mulberry silk mask!?
Firstly, washing machines aren’t invited to this cleansing party!
The ultimate care method is to hand wash Moon Mask. See below!
- It all begins with a rinse! Rinse Moon Mask under lukewarm running tap water to wash any dirt away.
- Turn the tap off, add a small amount of pH neutral silk friendly liquid detergent to the fabric. (use liquid for sensitive skin to limit skin irritation)
- Gently massage the liquid detergent into the mask with clean hands. We repeat: gently, to avoid disturbing the structure of the mask.
- After a few minutes of lathering your mask in detergent, turn the water back on and rinse the mask until the detergent is fully dissolved.
- Gently SQUEEZE – do not wring – the excess water out of the mask. You want to preserve the fibres, shape and structure!
- Lay flat out on a fresh towel to air-dry in shade
Your silk mask may take a couple of hours to dry so we recommend doing this process in the morning, so that your mask is dry by night!
It’s as simple as that! Wash your Moon Mask one to two times a month in order to keep it fresh and your skin clear and your sleep undisturbed!
To summarise how to care for your silk mask we recommend:
- pH neutral liquid detergent (for sensitive skin & silk-friendly)
- Warm hand wash
- Dry clean if desired
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not soak, or rub