So featuring in this week’s Moon Meal is sardines! They are literally one of THE best period lovin foods you can eat and their anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids are especially beneficial in helping your body to make only the best kind of prostaglandins that work to reduce period pain! Winning!
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 slice of gluten free toast
- ½ can of sustainably caught sardines (in olive oil, sea water or brine; avoid sardines in sunflower, vegetable or canola oil)
- Pinch of chopped parsley or coriander
- Pinch of sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli, optional
- Extra Virgin Olive oil for drizzling
- Recommended optional addition for an extra sprinkle of hormone lovin’ fats: Earth Seeds
- Mash the avocado and spread it onto pieces of toast
- Top avo with a layer of sardines, lemon juice, parsey, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
I want to see your creations, share + tag @mymoonbox #moonmeals
Love, Nikki xx