Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This Moon Meal is an example of one of the meals inside your Food For Your Cycle Guide, which all of our members receive when they subscribe. Click here to learn more about becoming a Moonbox Member.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed (black or pinto beans work well too)
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds or Earth Seeds
- Crumbled up goats cheese or vegan feta
- Tahini Dressing or guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Use a fork to pierce a few holes in your sweet potatoes. Wrap each one tightly in a square of aluminium foil, then place on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until tender to the touch. The larger your sweet potato the longer they will need to bake.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven begin preparing the chickpeas. In a medium sized bowl combine the chickpeas and the remaining ingredients needed for marinating.Toss the chickpeas until they’re all coated in the marinade then set aside for later.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender to the touch remove them from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. When you’re ready, cut a slit down the middle of each potato and carefully spoon the chickpeas inside. Add toppings.