You're about to discover how to make these easy and delicious hormone-healthy treats!
We are making Luna’s Gold Lemon Bites which are our version of bliss balls with a hormone-supportive twist.
How do the ingredients benefit your hormones?
These Lemon Bites include...
- Cashews: are a good source of plant-based protein, healthy fats, and minerals like magnesium and zinc, which are essential for regular cycles + reducing PMS s
- Coconut oil: contains medium-chain fatty acids - providing the building blocks for your hormones
- Dates: Rich source of fibre, potassium + magnesium essential for hormonal function & a healthy gut microbiome
- Tahini: is made of sesame seeds! Sesame seeds are an amazing period food as they contain phytoestrogens called lignans. Lignans are anti-estrogenic & support your body’s natural hormone levels
- Superfood Luna's Gold Turmeric Latte: a blend of anti-inflammatory super-spices such as certified organic turmeric & ginger, along with adaptogenic herbs maca & shatavari which support healthy PMS-free periods
- Earth Seeds: contain essential protein, healthy fats and fibre essential for healthy hormone production + metabolism
- Lemon juice: a good source of vitamin C, which can support female hormone health by reducing inflammation, improving immune function, and aiding in the absorption of iron from plant-based foods
You can store these delicious lemon bites in the fridge, or even pop them in the freezer and defrost any time you feel you need a boost in energy & nutrients.
Food is hormone medicine, so good nutrition is foundational to experiencing healthy PMS-free periods and feeling your most vital and vibrant self throughout the entire month.
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (best soaked overnight)
- 3 Medal dates, pitted
- 6 tbsp Earth Seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or melted cacao butter
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp Luna’s Gold Superfood Blend
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend for 3 minutes.
2. Get a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into bite sized balls.
3. Sprinkle extra desiccated coconut & Earth Seeds on a large plate and roll each ball until covered.
4. Place the Lemon Bites in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
5. You can refrigerate these for up to 7 days in an airtight container or freeze for up to 1 month